Position based in Amsterdam (30%) – Remotely (30%)
The Antonio Cassese Initiative is opening an Internship position in fundraising and communications. The ideal candidate will be a native English or French speaker and will have an education degree in public international law, international criminal law or other relevant background for the position. In addition, she/he will show a proven and strong interest for human rights, international criminal law and international humanitarian law. Candidates should be sharp and quick-thinking, with a thorough command of Internet research tools.
She/he will assist Antonio Cassese Initiative notably in the following tasks:
- Donor research and identification of potential donors.
- Drafting, translating and proofreading texts and documents (donor letters, reports, thank you letters, etc.).
- Website: Managing and updating website.
- Translating website content into French (only French speaking applicants).
- Daily maintenance of Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Assist in creating inspiring content for our digital channels.
- Administrative assistance and other tasks
The following skills are required:
- English or French mother tongue or proficiency.
- Graduate in public international law, human rights, international criminal law, fundraising or a related field.
- Motivated to pursue a career in human rights and have an interest in justice and the fight against impunity.
- Good writing skills.
- Practical fundraising experience within an NGO is an asset.
- Active on social media. Applicants must have had own account on Facebook and Twitter and be up to date with the latest features of each platform.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Spirit of initiative, dynamism, and ability to work independently.
- Willingness to stay up to date with the latest trends in international criminal law.
- Passionate about international criminal law, international humanitarian law and international human rights law.
- Beginning of the internship: Beginning of July 2017
- Percentage of work-time: 60%. You can work from home for 30% of the time.
- Internship duration: 6 months.
- The Antonio Cassese Initiative is not in the position to provide a stipend for the internship.
- We may be able to arrange academic credits.
- The candidates, if not EU nationals, must hold a work permit for the
duration of their stay in Amsterdam.
How to apply: candidates must send their application in English or French, including a one page cover letter and a CV to email@example.com by 15 June 2017, with the subject line “Application for internship”.
Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only selected candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
The Antonio Cassese Initiative