The Antonio Cassese Initiative is opening an Internship position. The ideal candidate will be a native English or French speaker and will have an education degree in public international law, international criminal law or other relevant background for the position. In addition, she/he will show a proven and strong interest for human rights, international criminal law and international humanitarian law. Candidates should be sharp and quick-thinking, with a thorough command of Internet research tools.
The intern will be responsible for:
• Research tasks;
• Assisting in the organization of training courses;
• Donor research and identification of potential donors;
• Drafting, translating and proofreading texts and documents (donor letters, reports, etc.);
• Reviewing blog posts;
• Translating website content into French (only French speaking applicants);
• Daily maintenance of the Facebook page and Twitter account;
• Assisting in creating inspiring content for our digital channels;
• Administrative assistance and other tasks as required.
The following skills are required:
• English or French mother tongue or proficiency.
• Graduate in public international law, human rights, international criminal law, or a related field.
• Motivated to pursue a career in human rights and have an interest in justice and the fight against impunity.
• Good writing and editorial skills.
• Practical fundraising experience within an NGO is an asset.
• Spirit of initiative, dynamism, and ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Willingness to stay up to date with the latest trends in international criminal law.
• Passionate about international criminal law, international humanitarian law and international human rights law.
• Beginning of the internship: As soon as possible.
• Percentage of work-time: 30%. You can work from home.
• Internship duration: 6 months.
• The Antonio Cassese Initiative is not in the position to provide a stipend for the internship.
How to apply: candidates must send their application in English or French, including a one page cover letter, a CV, grade transcripts (and/or a list of courses taken) and a writing sample, in English and MS-Word only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 June 2018, with the subject line “Application for internship June 2018”.
Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only selected candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
The Antonio Cassese Initiative